This one day seminar for parents is filled with practical information, with a solid research base, presented by an expert, with experience in the field, to help parents understand giftedness and how to help gifted children thrive, develop strengths and talents.
For parents of gifted children and adolescents
Sunday 3rd November, 9:00am – 4:00pm
Register at :https://www.trybooking.com/BFZKS
COST: $150 (including GST) per person, or $260 for two parents or caregivers from the same family.
VENUE: Millwell Community Centre, 11 Millwell Rd E, Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0438 744 994
These seminars include:
- Understanding giftedness and talent development
- Identification and testing: why, when, who and how
- Parenting sensitive gifted children and adolescents
- Mental health, resilience and emotional well-being
- Gifted children, their friendships and relationships
- Motivating gifted students to develop academic skills
- Gifted children with learning and other disabilities
- Advocating for your child at school
Michele Juratowitch is Director of Clearing Skies; provides counselling for gifted children and their parents; has worked in schools and introduced provisions to support gifted students. At the Gifted Education Research, Resource and Information Centre (GERRIC) at the University of New South Wales, Michele taught in parent courses; lectured teachers in a postgraduate course in Gifted Education; developed programs for students and conducted research.
Michele has provided a range of skill development programs for gifted students, parents and teachers. She presents at state, national and international conferences. Michele was awarded a Churchill Fellowship to study the needs of gifted children and families; conducts research; writes regularly for various publications; is co-author of a research report on acceleration and Make a Twist: Curriculum differentiation for gifted students.